Blog Archive

Emily

Hello!  Well, we've certainly had our share of hot weather recently, which for us in the North West of England, is not that frequent!  POH and I have been doing lots in the garden, and also daily marathon watering sessions!

Today I wanted to introduce you to Emily, made from the excellent book, 'Cute Crocheted Animals', by the wonderfully talented Emma Varnham. Regular readers may remember Freddie, who now lives with my daughter at Oxford University, but you can read about Freddie here

Emily is the little rabbit, and like Freddie, was a joy to make, following Emma's clear and precise instructions.  I made her from Drops 'Karisma', which is a lovely yarn, in 100% wool.  I used 'off white', which is a lovely clotted cream colour.  Here is Emily taking a rest with me on the garden bench this morning:








I slightly adapted Emma's pattern for the shoulder bag, making it from Scheepjes 'sweet treat' crochet cotton, which my lovely children bought me lots of at Christmas.  I added an extra round to Emma's pattern to make it the correct size. Here's a close up:



If you haven't taken a look at 'Cute Crocheted Animals', it's well worth a look, as the patterns are fabulous and all the clothes and accessories fit all of the animals, so it's dress-up heaven (and that's just for me!)

Oh, and whilst Emily and I were relaxing on the garden bench, Mango the Cat decided to come and investigate...




Emily and I are just going to sit under the parasol and take tea together.  Now, where's that cat gone?




Donna x 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do leave a comment. I will answer every one!