Blog Archive

Mothering Sunday

Hello, and happy Mothers' Day to all the Mummies and Grannies and Aunties and Sisters and friends and 'Fur Baby' Mummies - in fact to all the ladies around the world.

What a lovely weekend I've had!  Yesterday my son took me to the Inn at Whitewell for lunch.


We had a very companionable and happy time.  We played dominoes (son won 8 rounds to 3 though - clearly wasn't letting me win for Mother's Day...) read the papers and had a beautiful meal.


Afterwards we went for a stroll along the river Hodder with Daisy Dog.  It was still and quiet and we enjoyed walking and chatting and playing with Daisy.



My own Mum is no longer here with us, and I miss her every day.  My new Mum-in-Law, however, is doing really well at the wonderful age of 96! We packaged up a hamper of all her favourite things to take to her nursing home.  She loved it, and went in to lunch waving her balloon with glee!


I am always humbled by the generous gifts my children give to me, and this year was no exception.  My son gave me a pair of Ernest Wright, handmade in Sheffield, stork embroidery scissors. These were the next pair on my list of scissors before the company closed, following the death of the owner.  However, the company has been bought and reopened, which I am delighted about.  Currently they only make three types of scissors, but are planning to expand the range again.  As luck would have it, the stork scissors are one of the pairs they make!

How beautifully gift boxed they are, and each one has a certificate of authenticity, signed by the Mayor of Sheffield.



My darling daughter is treating me to afternoon tea at the London Savoy Hotel!  I am really excited!  We dined and stayed there for her 21st birthday and she promised she would take me back when she was working full time, so how lovely that she remembered!  

This evening we are having a homemade pizza and gin dinner, which should be fun!

Now, which gin should we have...?

Donna x 

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a lovely day, and what a fabulous thing to have treats on the day and something to look forward to! I love your scissors, they are very special :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I have been putting my scissors to good use already, remembering my happy lunch and walk, plus looking forward to my afternoon tea! Feeling very blessed xx

      Delete

Please do leave a comment. I will answer every one!