Blog Archive

Easter

Hello!

Happy Easter!  It seems an age since I have sat down to write.  I have been completely focused on a Big Project for my daughter, which I am in the process of writing about the moment.  However, today I wanted to pop by and wish you all a happy and peaceful Easter.

I love Easter, I really, really do.  Especially when the weather is as completely balmy (or maybe that should be barmy???) as it is at the moment.  It's hotter in the North West of England than it is in many Mediterranean locations! 

Easter for me is a time of reflection and then outright giddy celebration!  It is also four days of family time.  In fact, by Saturday evening I have no clue even what day it is!  

Good Friday was spent gardening, and we got loads done!  The temptation is to plant out all the vegetable plantlets that are jostling for space in the greenhouse, but it really is too early for many of them, as we could still have some cold weather and even frost.  Everything is growing like mad though, so we planted out the more hardy stuff (beetroot, lettuce etc.) and potted up the tender courgettes, tomatoes, beans etc.  

Yesterday, Saturday, we visited my husband's family in the morning and had a lovely afternoon out at my Happy Place, Dunham Massey, in Cheshire.  We enjoyed a delicious and leisurely picnic, then wandered around enjoying the sunshine and the spring flowers.



The day was hot and still, with not a ripple on the lake...


Today, Easter Sunday, began with a rousing and joyful church service, singing the well loved Easter hymns.  Our parish church looked particularly beautiful on this most special of days.


Back home again to set an Easter table and make a celebration lunch.  Afterwards Daisy Dog was so full of roast chicken she fell soundly asleep on my lap, whiffling away gently...


I eventually disturbed her as I wanted to potter in the garden for an hour to work off lunch and make room for tea (and chocolate...)

And to think we have yet another day of the Easter long weekend to come yet!

Wherever you are and whatever you are doing, I wish you all a very happy Easter, Passover, or Springtime Weekend.

Donna x 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do leave a comment. I will answer every one!