Blog Archive

Sewing Miette - Part 3!

I made another Miette skirt! (See my previous posts here and here.)

I used the cotton Chambray that I bought at Cool Crafting in Skipton.  It's buttery soft and a lovely, deep blue.

Using the modifications I worked out on the last two Miettes, I cut the back a size larger to get a bit more coverage.  I cut the front on the fold, to eliminate the centre front seam, and have the straight grain running up the centre.

Wearing my Miette Part 2, I twizzled it around and placed a line of pins down the centre front.  I then lined this up on the pattern and drew a grainline.  I now have the centre front and backs on the straight grain and I much prefer it.

I must reiterate that there is nothing wrong with the original pattern, these are just changes that I prefer.  That's the joy of dressmaking; you can alter and adapt to your heart's content!

Miette Part 3 is finished and I LOVE it!  In fact, I do believe it is my favourite EVER skirt pattern!  I've already bought some wine red fabric to make the next one...











I can't wait to make the Rosa pattern too!  I'm a bit in love with Tilly and the Buttons :)

Donna x 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do leave a comment. I will answer every one!