Blog Archive

Feeling better

Hello, and thank you for stopping by,  I am so pleased to report I am feeling much better now.  Maybe the little whiff of spring we have had over the past couple of days have helped shift the last of the germs.  There certainly has been a little bit of warmth of sun and I have enjoyed being out and about with Daisy Dog, after a few weeks of just not feeling up to walking long distances.

We spent a bit of tine down by the river and Daisy decided she wanted to make friends with the local heron, chasing him across the fields.  He was blase about this whole encounter and took flight, only to land a few feet further on, for her to run after him again.  Eventually he became bored with this game and flew off, leaving Daisy and I to continue our walk.

"Come back, Mr Heron!  I only want to play!"

I also had a little potter in the garden, deadheading the primulas and admiring the hellebores.  I love hellebores and wonder how such a beautiful and delicate flower survives such harsh winter weather.  We bought a few new ones at Killerton House (National Trust) last year.  This one had lost its label over the winter, and I can't remember what it is called, (note to self:  use my garden journal properly!) but it is such a beautiful colour.



After the half term break last week, we resumed our meet ups at Cooper's Creative today, and what a lovely afternoon it was, catching up, laughing, chatting and admiring each other's projects.  I met a lovely lady, who had travelled up from Cambridgeshire, and it was like chatting with an old friend.  We swapped email addresses, and I know we will keep in touch.  I treasure the time I spend with my friends there, old and new, and it is one of the highlights of my week.

I called in at the brilliant Keelham Farm Shop on the way home, picking up some lovely handmade pasties for dinner, as well as the loose ingredients to make my own muesli mix, which I mix together in a large glass jar, ready to serve for breakfast.  I include a whole range of nuts, as well as dried fruits and seeds.  Yummy!



It certainly is lovely to feel more like my old self again.  I have also been doing a bit of sewing, which I will tell you about next time!

Take care, Donna x 

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're feeling better. Your muesli looks like a very luxurious breakfast option.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love home mixed muesli, as I can put extra of my favourite bits in, whilst leaving out those I’m not so keen on! ;)

      Delete
  2. Wasn't Tuesday afternoon just lovely? Such a lot of feel-good when we all get together, it's one of the highlights of my week too xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. To look around the table at so many happy faces laughing, chatting, helping one another, is a wonderful feeling. I love it! Thank you xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment. I will answer every one!