Blog Archive

Christmas Projects

Hello my friends!

Well, with Christmas less than a week away, I wanted to show you some of the projects I have been working on!  The greatest thing about retirement is more time to spend with DH, DD and DS and my lovely friends, and also time to PLAY at sewing, instead of just making things because I need them, such as clothes (the alternative would be rather chilly, and probably somewhat illegal...)

I showed you a few things last time, but I have now finished a set of six dinner napkins, using designs by Anita Gooddesign, which I buy from Lord's Sewing Centre.  These are all from the set 'Sunbonnet Sue's Christmas':










I am really enjoying exploring machine applique, as it is just so much fun!  Little pieces of quilting cotton combined with rayon embroidery thread make for such intricate results.

I was a little sad when I had finished the napkins, so I looked around for something else to applique and decorated a bath sheet for DD to use this Christmas (she's coming home!!  Yay!!!)


It's DD and I to a 'T' (just kidding!)  These owl designs are by Designs by Juju

Next I wanted to make a gift for my friend's dog.  Our doggies exchange little Christmas gifts, and Daisy thought Bella would like a towel with her name on, so here it is!


Again, the applique alphabet shown above is from Designs by Juju.

I've virtually finished DD's socks for Christmas, and I decided last weekend to start a pair for DH. Well, I know they won't be finished in time, but I shall wrap up the entire project for Christmas morning and then finish them over the holidays.


Since taking this photo I have reached the heel flap on sock number one.  I have to wait until DH goes out before I can work on them, and then quickly hide them when he arrives back home!

I have really enjoyed showing you my projects and I would love to hear what you have been making for Christmas.  Please do leave a comment - I will answer every one!

Donna x 

4 comments:

  1. You are so talented x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jan. I take that a true compliment from someone as talented as you! xx

      Delete
  2. A very happy Christmas to you and your loved ones! Your dinner table will be lovely with those napkins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A very happy Christmas to you too, Marijke. I hope you are having a lovely time. Yes, the napkins are getting lots of use and are in and out of the washing machine on a regular basis, and I'm pleased to say are holding up well! x

      Delete

Please do leave a comment. I will answer every one!