Blog Archive

A Tale of Two Kidneys

Hello!  Well, it is certainly good to be back at my laptop talking to you all.  I apologise for my absence but I've been unwell for two weeks.  Different things, that culminated in a kidney infection.  I don't recall ever having had a kidney infection before but I certainly don't want another one!  I have never given my kidneys a lot of thought until now, but I will honour them with more respect from now on.  Kidneys.  I salute you.

The symptoms and pain meant I couldn't concentrate enough to sew, knit, write or stand and cook.  The first time I ventured out was last Friday, to Cooper's Creative in Skipton for a very special morning...

One of my absolute creative heroes, Emma Varnham, author of the fabulous book Cute Crocheted Animals was going to be there and there was no way I was going to miss that!  I had to work the last occasion she visited, but early retirement fixed that problem. ;)

Emily Rabbit (one of her creations) and I shuffled slowly to Skipton and Emily had the time of her life, with lots of kisses and hugs from Emma and Lucy Attic 24.  I had also taken my copy of Emma's book for signing! What an exciting morning!  I spent the rest of the weekend in bed pretty much, but it was so worth it.




Once I started to feel better I picked up my knitting again, the Noelle Capelet by Martin Storey - a very easy knit on a circular needle using Rowan Lima.  I finished this on Monday and have worn it pretty much ever since as it is so warm and snugly but doesn't make me feel too 'bundled up'.  




Now that is finished I have turned my attention but to DH's Christmas socks, that I had vowed to finish over the Christmas holidays, but didn't!  I am on the foot of sock one, again using the wonderful sockalong pattern by Winwick Mum.  I am determined to get them finished for him as soon as possible.  DH has become very knitworthy as he pretty much only wears the socks I knit for him now, as he does suffer from cold feet.  I shall keep supplying him regularly with new pairs, like a Good Wife :)



It's great to be back.  Time now for an afternoon rest.  I'll leave you with a very cheerful photo of the gorgeous flowers my dear friend sent me.  We met on our first day of infant school, which was, ooh, a Very Long Time ago.  Despite living over 200 miles apart we remain in almost daily contact and I love her to bits.  Don't they just make your heart leap a little, thinking of the joys of springtime to come?



Donna x 

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're feeling better and it was lovely to see you again last Friday - and Emily Rabbit too! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was so lovely to see you too! I do enjoy getting together and sharing conversation and creativity. Special times indeed! Xx

      Delete
  2. How awful that you've been so unwell. I hope that you'll recover completely soon. Luckily enough you'd recovered enough to spend such a lovely time at Cooper's Cafe.
    My advice: take your time, knit a few rows of sock now and then, enjoy your lovely tulips and daffs, and drink lots of water. The last thing you should be worrying about is taking a little longer to answer comments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you; you're so very kind. I am taking your advice and taking things slowly! I'm soooo much better than I was but soon know if I've overdone it! I'm enjoying pottering around now, and then sitting for a little rest, that often turns into a little nap! x

      Delete

Please do leave a comment. I will answer every one!