Blog Archive

A Mini Christmas Ta Da

Hello again!

Well, it's Christmas Eve Eve and I just wanted to show you my finished Christmas Quilted wallhanging.

You may remember, if you are a regular visitor, I was making this in a 'Quilt as you go' way, using a pattern by Anita Goodesign. It's a lovely mix of applique and machine embroidery, and I wrote about it here. It's probably one of the most fun things I have made so far, as being such a wild collection of printed fabrics and designs I could really go for it!  I backed it with my bargain remnant of Sanderson fabric I found in Oxfam, and added some rod pockets to the top.  DH put a black curtain rail up on the brick chimney for me, and ta da! a wallhanging in place!


This is how it looks, hanging above the woodburner


I am so pleased with it, and there is such a lot to look at.  I was trying to pick out my favourite bit this morning, and I couldn't decide between the snowy scene...


...the front door...


... the mandolin (or is it a lute?)...


...or the little blocks of swirlyness?




Perhaps each block is equally special in its own way.  How's that for being egalitarian??  :D

Well, Christmas Eve tomorrow!  I'll be back tomorrow evening when all is calm and hushed, for a little Christmas Eve musing...

Donna x


2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! What a lovely collection of patches, pictures and swirls. The instrument looks like a bass guitar, with its 4 strings. The snowy cottage reminds me of the film 'The Holiday' - it looks so cosy. I think my favourite is the green patch with the snow crystals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! I must admit I hadn't given the snow crystals block a lot of thought, but since reading your message I've studied it more closely and it is rather lovely in its simplicity.

      Thank you also for enlightening me about the instrument! Puzzle solved! I haven't seen the film 'Holiday' for years, so I may just find that and watch it over Christmas.

      Have a very happy and peaceful Christmas, from our home to yours x

      Delete

Please do leave a comment. I will answer every one!