Blog Archive

February Pottering

 Dear Friends,

Brrr... We are currently in the icy grip of a cold blast, but that has brought with it some sunny days, perfect for wrapping up warmly and taking Daisy Dog for a walk.  On sunny days it is becoming apparent how the days are drawing out longer, and it is much later before we switch the lamps on.  Spring is definitely on its way!

I'm still working on my vintage cardigans, and flip from one to the other when I get to a complicated bit and there's something good on the television!  I now have the extra wool I needed for the burgundy cardigan, and just need to pick up the neck on that one, and finish seaming it together.  Oh, and sew the buttons on.  Oh, and work buttonhole stitches, as the button bands are self faced so the buttonholes need securing together! Perhaps I won't quite be wearing it this weekend, but it's almost there really!

The quilted wall hanging I showed you last week is now hanging in the porch, and I am really pleased with it.  It goes nicely with the paint, hard to tell from the photo, but is called 'Pale Seaspray'.  

Today I've been joining quilt blocks for our King Size bed quilt.  I haven't finished all the blocks yet (I need 100 blocks, plus the edging pieces) so I decided to join what I have so far in to the 'mini quilts' of four blocks which make up each one of the 'Floral Rings'.  

Edward Bear was been looking on, wondering where the new jumper is I promised him, but I have told him he needs to be patient and wait his turn in the queue.

These were some I had already joined and you can see better how it works.  The quilt is made up of 25 of these 'Floral Rings'.  As it's so long since I told you about this quilt, a reminder that the pattern is by Anita Goodesign, and the fabrics by Rose and Hubble.  It's a very big project so I do chunks on it at a time, put it to one side then come back to it.  It almost feels like a new project then!

I've done a bit of baking this week, and made some shortbread biscuits from my favourite recipe, from the Great British Bake Off.  They always turn out just right.  I use my food mixer though, rather than food processor, only because it's easier to wash up!  


I hope you are staying warm and cosy, and keeping happily occupied.

Donna xx



2 comments:

  1. Your quilt is looking really lovely and the shortbread biscuits I'm sure will disappear very quickly. Take care x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Yes, the shortbread didn't hang around for long! You take care too x

      Delete

Please do leave a comment. I will answer every one!