Blog Archive

The Blog Post of Shame... Current Projects Part 2!

 Hello again!

I've been putting this post off - my list of current crochet projects on the go.  In fact, I said to a friend of mine I might skip this one and move onto quilting projects, until she pointed out on my last post I had promised to show and tell crochet projects next...  So here goes...

All of these projects are quite elderly now, as I seem to have gravitated to knitting lately.  The most recent, and one that really isn't included in the list of shame is my Friendship Blanket.  This is, by design, a lengthy project, as it is the second blanket I am making using leftover bits of 4ply sock yarn, this time all donated by my lovely friends.  I love it more and more as it grows and I think of my knitty friends every time I take it out to add a few more blocks (which are solid granny squares, instructions by my friend, Lucy -Attic24)


The next project is so nearly finished it's embarrassing it's on this list!  It's an adaptation of a vintage waistcoat pattern that I have made before, but this time I am making it in Rowan Lima, more of an Aran weight, instead of the DK the pattern calls for.  I was after a long, relaxed look, and I think this will meet that brief.  All I have left to do is sew up the side seams and finish the armholes!  Why haven't I done this????  I will definitely get this finished.


The next is a cardigan I fell in love with - A Good Vintage Cardigan - which I purchased from Ravelry.  I was going along so well with this, but then discovered the sleeves were nowhere near long enough for me, so I had to order some more yarn.  By the time it had arrived I had started something else.  Then I discovered the ends to sew in.  Oh, the ends!  However, my good friend, J, gently enquires after this cardigan every so often, so yesterday I surprised her by bringing it along to our get together and sewing in the last of the ends.  J, I promise it will be finished sooon(ish!)


Next there is a summer top in the making that I don't think I will really wear once it is finished.  I have made one before and wore it quite a bit but now I find it just too warm to wear.  So I have decided to pull it back and reuse the lovely Rowan 'Siena' 4ply cotton for something else that I will wear.  I was inspired to do this by the very lovely Emma Varnham, who I met with recently, and who dismantled a finished article to make something she now loves.  It was just the nudge I needed and the yarn will (eventually) be made into something I am sure I will love more.  Thank you, Emma!


The final (thank goodness!) WIP of shame I can date precisely, as I found a blog post about it here!  October 15th 2018!  Mystical Lanerns, by Jane Crowfoot.

I have actually finished all the lanterns, and am in the process of edging each one in a cream wool, and joining them together.  Or maybe I should say 'was', as not much has happened on this for well over a year.  


So there you have it.  I have come clean and revealed all!  I am going to finish the cardigan first.  In fact, I might get a few rows in before bed!

PS:  For my lovely readers who have signed up to receive email notifications of new blog, Google have announced that this service will cease this month, so you will sadly no longer receive these notifications.  Alternatives are to click the 'subscribe' link to subscribe using popular feed readers, sign up using the 'follow' box using a Google account, follow me on Instagram, as I always post notifications of new blog posts, or just pop by and say hello!  Whichever way you choose, I really appreciate you taking the time to read my ramblings, and I especially love to read your comments.  Thank you all so much xx

Donna xx



5 comments:

  1. Hello. I've just found your blog whilst browsing. I have just ordered the pattern and yarn to make the stylecraft drifter cardigan after seeing the one that you made, it's lovely. Although I choose the Kansas colourway.
    Looking back at your previous blog posts to catch up. Good luck in completing your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved seeing your WIP. Really like the vintage cardi. I have had plenty of those half finished projects lurking in the back of cupboards from years ago myself.
    Enjoying reading back on your older blog posts as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cashjunkcarsnowCash for Junk Cars Removal in Chicago Sometimes is needed if you have title or no title junk cars needed removal service for scrap metals.

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment. I will answer every one!