Blog Archive

A Walk in the Woods

Hello! 

Like most of the UK, here in the Ribble Valley we have experienced a winter more cold and snowy than any we have had for several years.  Daisy Dog loves the snow, but hates the cold, so it has been a challenge juggling the best time to take her for good long walks.

Monday morning the sun was shining and the birds were tweeting, so we bundled up in our coats and headed for the woods.



Daisy was not for posing for the camera - too many exciting sniffs and smells to be discovered!


Spring Wood is an ancient woodland and is managed very well.  It is a joy to visit at any time of the year, as there is always something to see.  The bluebells are a particular joy, but that is a joy yet to come...



The woods are still clothed in the stark beauty of their winter coats, but little chinks of spring are starting to emerge and it was soooo good to see the sunshine. 




Daisy loves it here, and runs and runs and runs to her heart's content.  Bits of it are very hilly indeed but she gambols up on her four little legs, impatiently looking behind her, as I puff my way uphill.  

After a good (and somewhat muddy) walk, we headed home for Betty's hot chocolate for me, (in my opinion, the best hot chocolate on the planet), and a good long drink of water for Daisy, and an afternoon snoozing in front of the fire (for her, not me!)  Bliss. 

Donna x 








4 comments:

  1. I love those paths that disappear into the trees ... they just invite you to keep walking! That looks like it was such a lovely day for walking - but hot chocolate is always a great incentive to go home again! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Paths that wander off into the distance are just too tempting. I was certainly ready for the hot chocolate when I got home though :) xx

      Delete
  2. I love Spring Wood, but haven't visited for a little while. Maybe we'll take a detour the next time we're over to watch the football.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is a lovely place! Definitely worth putting back on your detour list :) x

      Delete

Please do leave a comment. I will answer every one!