Blog Archive

A Quilted Wallhanging

Hello friends,

Well, I promised last time I would be back to show you my finished quilted wallhanging and here I am!  This has been my main Lockdown Quilting Project, and it kept me sane really, as I lay in bed when I couldn't sleep and plan the fabrics for the next 'house'. My daughter, who I haven't seen for months and miss like crazy, bought the pattern for me and it made me think of her as I stitched away.  The pattern is a digital machine design by Anita Goodesign.  The fabrics were all leftovers from other projects.

Here it is...



The pattern is called "The Village" and the blocks are modular, so I picked my favourites to stitch and laid them out on the bed to decide the layout and colours as I went along. 


We have hung it on wall in my daughter's bedroom here (we still call it her room despite the fact she lives in London!)  It is visible whilst climbing the stairs and I enjoy seeing it every time.  It's over a metre wide, so makes quite a statement!

I'm now back making blocks for my daughter and her fiance's wedding quilt.  I am incorporating Liberty Fabrics into it, (her favourites), and had tried out various blocks, which I then decided not to use as they were too 'busy' and I am going for a more calm, understated look, to match the decor in their home.  Never wanting to waste anything I made them into a mini sofa quilt for Daisy Dog (who isn't allowed to lie directly on the furniture).  She absolutely loves it (despite her face in this photo!) so much so I am making some more blocks, in between wedding blocks, to make a mini sofa quilt for the other room!


Stay safe, until next time,

Donna x 

4 comments:

  1. Your quilted wall hanging is amazing and using up lots of scraps from previous projects so satisfying. Daisy dog looks so cute on her own sofa quilt. Will be back to visit soon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comment. I was hoping my scrap boxes would reduce considerably in size, but it didn't make too much of a dent in the end! But the lids do go on more easily now, so that's good. x

      Delete
  2. Wow, that is stunning! There is so much to see! A perfect project for such a difficult time. I hope you'll be able to meet up with your daughter soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marijke. Currently planning a visit to London to visit my daughter, so I'm very excited!

      Delete

Please do leave a comment. I will answer every one!