Blog Archive

Blinking into the Sunlight

 Hello again!

It's been a while, but now I feel I am emerging from a darkened room, blinking into the sunlight.  There are Things to Do outside of the house, and People to See.  Oh, the people to see.  So much joy, so many reunions. 

My darling daughter and I were reunited at a railway station in Northumberland recently.  It was a cross between a scene from The Railway Children and Brief Encounter, and one of the sweetest moments of my life.  We booked a cottage for us to share, husband too, and son for a couple of days.  I absolutely love Northumberland - the huge beaches, the vast sky, the castles, the people.  We walked and talked and hugged and it was a magical time.

Beautiful Budle Bay

Oh, that sky!

Craster harbour - home of the famous Craster Kippers!

Majestic Bamburgh Castle, perched on the coast

This week I had a wonderful reunion with my sister and brother-in-law.  I hadn't seen them for 18 months. Oh it was so good to be back with the one person I have known all of my life - to feel that connection again to the past and the present.  We took a steam train to Haworth, which was so much fun!  Haworth, of course, is home to the Bronte sisters, and we had lunch at the Black Bull inn, which was frequented by their brother, Branwell.

Our train!

Historic Haworth

This is reputed to be Branwell Bronte's favourite chair

This afternoon I have my very dear friend, and her lovely Mum, coming over to our garden for a pot of tea and homemade scones. I am ridiculously excited! How much sweeter the small things in life now are.

Donna xx


4 comments:

  1. So glad you're back. I've missed you blog. Please keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful to have you back in Blogland, especially with such gorgeous coastal photos of a place I love dearly. Blue skies and sea views are so good for the soul xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your welcome, and recent encouragement! It's good to be back in Blogland. I always think of you when I'm in Northumberland, as I know how much you love it there. xxxxx

      Delete

Please do leave a comment. I will answer every one!